We are a pioneer in creating custom, online, subscription-based libraries for businesses. Our customers include large and small private enterprises, local and federal governments, and span many industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Education, Health, Manufacturing and Law.
Building codes and standards are an essential part of design, construction and building maintenance. All buildings in the US are required to abide by federal, state and/or local codes and standards, and often a combination. These codes and standards are constantly updated on different life cycles and differ from state to state, making compliance a daily struggle for owners, facilities managers, architects and engineers, manufacturers and code enforcement authorities.
We invented MADCAD.com to create solutions for these challenges. So far, we have converted more than 65,000 building codes and standards and their errata, amendments and historical versions into MADCAD's format. Our proprietary technology allows us to convert more than 1,000 books per week, and we are always adding new content from new publishers. MADCAD.com currently covers life safety, accessibility, energy efficiency, plumbing, mechanical standards, electric systems, fire safety, structural safety, material standards, security, sustainable buildings, elevators, residential buildings, utilities, water safety, energy, and more.
In order to make MADCAD.com a seamless experience, we developed a series of technologies that work in synchronization. These technologies include automatic conversion of content into a flexible data structure, powerful search functionality, industry-specific content filters, secure data access and authentication technology, an online subscription technology for creating custom libraries with different needs, usage analytics, content and customer administration, sales management, publisher management and accounting.
We also developed and manage our own private cloud. This ensures that all users are viewing the most updated content at all times, eliminating the need to constantly download PDFs, order books, accrue shipping costs, and spend time researching which codes and standards are being updated when. This in turn leads to safer, more compliant buildings.
Our subscription technology gives our 20,000 users the ability to pick and choose which codes and standards they need, as well as the flexibility to assign a different number of concurrent users to each title. Global organizations with thousands of employees are able to build their library within minutes and share their accounts enterprise-wide. Users are able to quickly find content by searching, as well as by using industry-based filters to sort through content.
Since we created MADCAD in 1995, we have developed and fine-tuned our technologies and methods to both excel and support the decision making process and analyze workflow patterns, and we are always striving to create new solutions. We are currently in the process of developing plug-ins to communicate with widely used industry software, making improvements to our beta app, and are always being approached by new partners to provide new solutions.
We are a group of hardworking, passionate, forward-thinking people who believe research should be easy, intelligent and efficient. Our goal is to make compliance easy, saving our customers time and money while improving building safety.
Because we are a small company, each member of our team is able to take on big tasks. We are looking for hard working and responsible developers, UI gurus and innovators who want to revolutionize traditional research methods to join our team. If you share this philosophy, please join us!
Learn more about our team
• 10 days paid vacation
• 12 days paid bank/religious holidays
• 3 days paid sick leave
• Great health and dentist benefits
• Flexible hours
• Options to work from home
• Great urban location across from the Washington DC Zoo (pandas)
3000 Connecticut Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Senior Full-stack PHP Developers
Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
Follow industry best practices- Produce detailed specifications
Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
Working closely with other team members in the development team.
Integrate and improve custom back-end systems
- Proven software development experience in PHP (10 years+)
- Proven technical ability to design and integrate software solutions that address real life technical challenges governed by business requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of Object Oriented PHP (v5.x through v7.x) and OO design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Model-View-Controller paradigm & Namespaces.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts, data structures and relational databases. Working knowledge of MySQL and preferably some noSQL databases.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, JSON, and multi-threaded web services.
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Zend, Yii, Slim, Laravel, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment.
- Strong real-life technical problem solving and data design skills to build solutions.
- Good knowledge of git version control tools, and experience collaborating with a team of developers.
- Previous Lucene/SOLR experience is a plus.
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engage with the team to make continual improvements.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with JIRA, Bitbucket, and Git.
Familiarity with common third-party APIs, Payment Gateways, etc.
Inside Sales Representative
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment to help us accelerate our growth. You must be comfortable making dozens of connections per day, working with company partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, advancing the sales process, closing sales and assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person interactions. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through lead follow-ups and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Creating, maintaining and expanding your database of current and potential customers.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets
- At least two years of proven inside sales experience with track record
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools, web presentation tools
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; strong listening, writing and persuasion skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm as well as ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- BA/BS degree or equivalent