We are a pioneer in creating custom, online, subscription-based libraries for businesses. Our customers include large and small private enterprises, local and federal governments, and span many industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Education, Health, Manufacturing and Law.
Building codes and standards are an essential part of design, construction and building maintenance. All buildings in the US are required to abide by federal, state and/or local codes and standards, and often a combination. These codes and standards are constantly updated on different life cycles and differ from state to state, making compliance a daily struggle for owners, facilities managers, architects and engineers, manufacturers and code enforcement authorities.
We invented MADCAD.com to create solutions for these challenges. So far, we have converted more than 65,000 building codes and standards and their errata, amendments and historical versions into MADCAD's format. Our proprietary technology allows us to convert more than 1,000 books per week, and we are always adding new content from new publishers. MADCAD.com currently covers life safety, accessibility, energy efficiency, plumbing, mechanical standards, electric systems, fire safety, structural safety, material standards, security, sustainable buildings, elevators, residential buildings, utilities, water safety, energy, and more.
In order to make MADCAD.com a seamless experience, we developed a series of technologies that work in synchronization. These technologies include automatic conversion of content into a flexible data structure, powerful search functionality, industry-specific content filters, secure data access and authentication technology, an online subscription technology for creating custom libraries with different needs, usage analytics, content and customer administration, sales management, publisher management and accounting.
We also developed and manage our own private cloud. This ensures that all users are viewing the most updated content at all times, eliminating the need to constantly download PDFs, order books, accrue shipping costs, and spend time researching which codes and standards are being updated when. This in turn leads to safer, more compliant buildings.
Our subscription technology gives our 20,000 users the ability to pick and choose which codes and standards they need, as well as the flexibility to assign a different number of concurrent users to each title. Global organizations with thousands of employees are able to build their library within minutes and share their accounts enterprise-wide. Users are able to quickly find content by searching, as well as by using industry-based filters to sort through content.
Since we created MADCAD in 1995, we have developed and fine-tuned our technologies and methods to both excel and support the decision making process and analyze workflow patterns, and we are always striving to create new solutions. We are currently in the process of developing plug-ins to communicate with widely used industry software, making improvements to our beta app, and are always being approached by new partners to provide new solutions.
We are a group of hardworking, passionate, forward-thinking people who believe research should be easy, intelligent and efficient. Our goal is to make compliance easy, saving our customers time and money while improving building safety.
Because we are a small company, each member of our team is able to take on big tasks. We are looking for hard working and responsible developers, UI gurus and innovators who want to revolutionize traditional research methods to join our team. If you share this philosophy, please join us!
Learn more about our team
• 10 days paid vacation
• 12 days paid bank/religious holidays
• 3 days paid sick leave
• Great health and dentist benefits
• Flexible hours
• Options to work from home
• Great urban location across from the Washington DC Zoo (pandas)
3000 Connecticut Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Mobile App Developer
What will you be doing:
• Work on state of the art mobile applications
• Take programming experience and apply it to improving and evolving mobile projects
• Work with engineers and designers to create functional app's that will eliminate complexity of compliance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field; or relevant work experience
• 5-7 years experience in software development
• 1-3 years experience developing mobile applications for iOS and Android
• Experience in working with Apache Cordova a plus
• Experience developing PHP and/or Java and/or .NET web and web service applications
• Experience in UI design is a plus
• Experience in web services integration
• Experience in using Database Management systems like MySQL, SQL server.
• Experience in SDLC concepts and version control/issue tracking (Git/Perforce/Bugzilla/Jira)
• Strong testing skills
• Strong communication skills
Lead Front-end Developer
What will you be doing:
• Take design from wire frames or Adobe Creative Suite products into cross browser HTML and CSS.
• Build and enhance dynamic web pages for our website, eLibrary and Store
• Plan and execute website mock ups and oversee the project from start to finish
Experience in CSS frameworks
Experience in working with Apache Cordova a plus
Experience in UI design
Experience in web services integration
Experience in SDLC concepts and version control/issue tracking (Git/Perforce/Bugzilla/Jira)
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Working closely with other team members in the development team.
- Integrate and improve custom back-end systems.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Proven software development experience in PHP (3 years+)
- Understanding of OOP and MVC principals.
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel, Slim, Yii, etc.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, JSON, and multi-threaded web services.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience with MySQL; building complex queries, stored procedures, and schema designs.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with JIRA, Bitbucket, and Git.
- Familiarity with common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc), Payment Gateways, etc.